11am - 12pm
From Southwark to the Sudan: LSBU’s impact on international sustainable construction
The presentation will provide a background to the Sustainable Innovation funding scheme at London South Bank University, including its origins from the ERDF-funded Access to Innovation and Low Carbon London schemes. The presentation will highlight some of our most impactful partnerships with local entrepreneurs. We will demonstrate the wide-reaching impact of these partnerships, with applications in the UK, the Gambia, the Sudan and South Africa. Finally, the presentation will describe the opportunities available to SMEs who are interested in collaborating with LSBU in developing their low carbon innovations.
Dr Finian McCannSenior LecturerLondon South Bank University
Webinar discussion points:
• Introduction and background of Sustainable Innovation scheme.
• Mimah: solar panels for extreme environments
• Phioneers: sustainable and accessible construction materials
• Igugu: developing solutions for net zero shipping and heavy cargo ports
• EcoFind: a platform for low carbon and sustainable building material and construction firms
• Smart Design Formula: a platform for energy efficient improvements for tenants and residents
• Opportunities for collaboration with prospective SME partners (including possible highlight of second 2021 cohort)
Book your place for this webinar