The Simulation Centre, located at Coventry University Technology Park, is the most advanced interactive people training development centre in the UK. For the Centre, simulation means that a person, or team, is in a real physical space that replicates a realistic work environment – dealing with a relevant situation that includes live interactions with real people. At The Simulation Centre you can develop, practice and explore, in a realistic virtual environment, that will help you improve and enhance a variety of skills and behaviours
You can find the Simulation Centre on stand B424
Exhibitor Show Plans
Digital Construction Hub
Digital Construction Hub is sponsored by Procore and content partner is UK BIM Alliance.
The digitalisation of our nation has accelerated in the last 18 months, some say by about 5 years. The Digital Construction Hub will look at how this has impacted on the construction sector in a programme delivered in partnership by the BIM Alliance.
The Digital Construction Hub will be a place to share BIM implementation stories, the challenges faced, how they were overcome, and the benefits gained. Look out also for BIM Alliance networking events on this stage.
The Regeneration Hub is sponsored by Easy-Trim Roofing and Construction.
When sustainability isn’t enough, the construction industry and the buildings we construct must have a positive impact on the environment.
The Infrastructure Hub is sponsored by Cemex.
Roads, bridges, airports, power generation and waste management are essential in the fastmoving, modern world we live in. The innovations made in the construction industry allow infrastructure to be delivered in a more sustainable manner.
Offsite Alliance Hub
Offsite construction and modern methods of construction are part of the ever-progressing landscape of the construction industry. ‘The Offsite Alliance works alongside leading organisations, industry bodies, government, local authorities, housing associations and most importantly its members to increase the uptake and delivery of Offsite technologies across the residential sector.’
Climate change is an issue that cannot be ignored, the Construction industry has the power to make a positive impact on the environment, through innovation in the industry. Find out more at the Sustainability Hub.
Quality in Construction Summit
Wellbeing in Construction Summit
Role Models 2020
Grand Designs Live
Always popular, the Beer Festival will provide a place for informal networking during the show and at the end of the day. Fix Radio will be producing shows live from the Beer festival and live entertainment in the evenings.
UK Construction Week is committed to ensuring we operate as sustainably as possible both in the office and at the show to minimise our impact on the local environment and communities.
We are dedicated as organisers to make sure we consider all 3 key pillars of sustainability (social, economic and environmental) when planning the show and are always seeking new ways to address these.
Outlined below are a few of the ways we pledge to help;
Contractors & Feature builds
· All of our stand builders and contractors have been obliged to provide us with their sustainability policy before we contract any work.
· We will be considering the life of all our feature builds post show – whether we can rebuild them next year, reuse the materials in a different way, reduce waste etc.
Waste & plastic
· Plastic water bottles have been banned and will be replaced with recyclable can alternatives
· To help support this we will be working with Join the Pipe again to provide more refill points and free reusable water bottles to the first 1,000 visitors each show day
· We are working with our venue and contractors to make sure that 0% of waste is sent to landfill post show
· Visitors will be asked to deposit their plastic casing for badges and lanyards at the exits for recycling
We have been working to reduce the amount of print associated with the show, including;
· No printed copies of the show guide will be available at the show in 2021. To access this you will need to download the UK Construction Week App
· Our print run for the show preview will be cut by half and printed on 100% recycled paper
· Other marketing collateral produced throughout the year will always be considered if necessary before printing
· Registration QR codes will be available via the app, no badges will be printed on site.