The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into force on 25th May 2018.
This means the way in which you use your data has to change and you will need to be in the know or risk fines up to 20,000,000 Euros or 4% of your global turnover.
The UK's largest construction event, UK Construction Week, is organising a free to attend GDPR Summit. The Summit will take place on 1st March 2018 at the NEC, Birmingham. Please note spaces are limited to a first come, first served basis.
Date: Thursday 1st March 2018
Venue: NEC, Perimeter Road, Birmingham B40 1NT
Room: Gallery Suites 2&3
Dress: Smart casual
By train - please follow signs over the skywalk, once you reach the end of the corridor before the escalators there is an entrance to your left, follow for the Gallery Suites.
By Car - please park in North 1 car park (access via gate 3). Enter the venue via atrium 2 and follow signs to the skywalk. Once you are at the top of the escalators the entrance to the Gallery Suites will be behind you. There would be 150 free car parking spaces available on a first come, first served basis.
08:00 – 09:00 Registration & Refreshments
09:00 – 09:05 Welcome Remarks
09:05 – 09:50 Countdown to Compliance – GDPR by Ginny Hallam, Director, Halborns
A practical session walking you through step-by-step, towards GDPR compliance. This includes:
- Mistakes you might not even know you're making in respect of the current legislation
- New processes for data breaches or request to access/amend data
- Identifying when an impact assessment is required and the necessary records to keep
- New rights available to individuals and their data
- Project planning your steps towards compliance
- Driving a culture of accountability and continual improvements
09:50 – 09:55 Q&A
09:55 – 10:40 Session by Speaker TBC, CIMCIG (The Chartered Institute of Marketing; Construction Industry Group)
10:40 – 10:45 Q&A
10:45 – 11:00 Mid-morning break
11:00 – 11:45 GDPR – An opportunity for transformation by Antony Humphreys, Key Account Manager and Data Privacy Specialist,
• What is GDPR about / History of GDPR
• What to do with the data you already have
• Next steps
11:45 – 11:50 Q&A
11:50 – 12:10 UK Construction Week and GDPR
12:10 – 12:15 Closing Remarks
12:15 – 12:45 Networking and Refreshments
To secure your place at the Summit, please fill out the form below.