Paul started his 25-year career in community-led programmes with Groundwork and within Housing Associations in London and the South East before joining the pre-cursors to Homes England. At Homes England, Paul delivered on a number of high value housing and regeneration programmes, and more latterly - as an Executive Director - advised and supported local authorities across the country in their development and growth programmes.
Paul joined the council in January 2022 with a drive to develop and lead the ambitious place programmes at the heart of the council's growth strategies, with a clear mission to ensure that the benefits of growth in Birmingham are felt by all in the city.
Paul is responsible for:
· Planning and Regeneration
· Transport and Connectivity, planning and delivery
· The council’s land and property assets
· Economic Development, Policy and Business Support
· New supply of affordable housing for the city
· Managing the route to Net Zero