08–10 OCTOBER 2019 | NEC | BIRMINGHAM UKCW Birmingham Seminar Programme 2022
EMBRACING INFORMATION MANAGEMENT WHY YOU SHOULD GET STARTED NOW, IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY
For two decades designers, contractors and operators of the built environment have been aware of the need to store and retrieve information in a digital format to make it simpler and faster to access and find drawings, specifications and other important records that are requested daily across the building industry.
• Not all businesses have access to the information in easily accessible or readable formats,
• Many transitioned late or have not transitioned at all from legacy processes and systems.
The inability to access this critical information quickly and accurately is impacting organisations’ abilities to respond to claims made against them by design team partners or clients:
• Leaving them open to PI claims, worth multiple millions if they cannot provide the pertinent information to the right people on time
• Many end up going to court unnecessarily or spend lots of wasted time and money searching through old back-up tapes, off-site paper records - time that could be saved and used for other, more beneficial, purposes.
Via case studies and by sharing knowledge from his 15-plus years of experience in delivering information management solutions, Jon will:
• Propose simple solutions that you can apply today to help your business get to grips with your information management issues
• Give insights into strategies you might want to employ for the medium to long term to ensure that your company has the practical means to access, on-demand, information, and data during the design, build and operations phase of your projects
• Give examples of ways to reduce countless hours looking for information and nip potential PI claims in the bud.