08–10 OCTOBER 2019 | NEC | BIRMINGHAM News
TTJ Timber Innovation Award 2019
The TTJ Timber Innovation Award, jointly sponsored by TRADA and Timber at UK Construction Week, is launched again this year with two categories for innovation. These categories recognise the extraordinary timber talent, creativity and resourcefulness shown by companies, individuals, universities and teams across the UK.
The winners will be unveiled at the the prestigious TTJ Awards dinner, held this year on 13 September at Hilton London Bankside, a design-led hotel a stone’s throw from the Tate Modern and Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre.
Categories for entering
|Innovative Product Development||Innovative University Timber Research|
|Celebrating the whole or part of a pioneering product design, which demonstrates a measurable impact on the timber sector.||Acknowledging work that university students carry out at both undergraduate and postgraduate level, breaking boundaries and demonstrating a measurable impact upon the timber sector.|
|This category is open to companies, organisations and individuals. You have until 14 June 2019 to enter. A shortlist will be drawn up on 8 July and finalists will be invited to a presentation judging day at TRADA’s HQ, High Wycombe, on 28 August.||This category is open to final-year undergraduate or postgraduate (Masters or PhD) students. You have until 14 June 2019 to enter. A shortlist will be drawn up on 25 June and finalists will be invited to present their application to a panel in London on 8 July.|
The winners of both categories of the Timber Innovation Award will benefit from an array of marketing benefits and the kudos of being the winner of an award that really pushes the boundaries in timber development. In the Innovative University Timber Research category only, the prize money is £200 plus 1 year’s full TRADA membership for the winner and £100 plus 1 year’s full TRADA membership for the runner-up.
Terms & conditions
Companies, organisations or individuals may enter the Innovative Product Development award category, providing:
- They either manufacture, distribute or own the property rights to the product / system;
- The product is fully or partially made using timber materials or assists with timber-based building materials (e.g. paints, coatings, adhesives, fixings etc);
- The product / system meets the appropriate UK building regulations, and health and safety standards; and
- The product must have been launched on to the market at the time of making this application.
Individuals may enter the Innovative University Timber Research award category, providing:
- The university or individual owns the intellectual property rights to the research / theories / products or systems described in the research project;
- The research has been carried out as either final year undergraduate or postgraduate (Masters or Doctoral) work; and
- The research is complete and findings have been peer reviewed, or the research will be complete and will have been peer reviewed by 14 June 2019. The work can have been undertaken in previous academic years providing it hasn’t been previously submitted.
Enter the competition
To enter the TTJ Timber Innovation Award in either category, please contact Jane Lomas on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01494 569642 for an application form. Complete it and return along with your supporting information to:
Bucks HP14 4ND
|Entry closes||14 June||14 June|
|Shortlisting completed||8 July||25 June|
|Presentations by finalists||28 August
|Winners announced||13 September