Media 10, the organisers behind UK Construction Week, have partnered with BRE to launch two brand new specialist events - The Ultimate BIM Summit and The Flood Resilience Summit.
These new events respond to the construction industry’s need for greater knowledge and understanding of UK government policy and how it’s transforming the UK BIM and flood resilience market. These in-depth summits complement Media 10’s existing events portfolio that includes UK Construction Week, Grand Designs Live and 100% Design and harnesses the BRE’s unrivalled access to the industry’s leading thought-makers.
Justin Levett, Conference Director at Media 10 comments: “Our vision with these events is to draw on the world-wide reputation of the BRE to help raise-the-bar for learning content and provide access to the ‘dream teams’ of BIM and flood resilience to the construction industry”.
The Ultimate BIM Summit
Taking place at the BRE in Watford on the 31st January, The Ultimate BIM Summit provides attendees with access to the world’s leading BIM experts, bringing together CEOs, directors, architects, designers, engineers, contractors and developers who are keen to learn and push the agenda for BIM in the UK.
Delegates can choose between two streams depending on their level of need. The Masters Stream provides in-depth knowledge and tools for adjusting business strategy to existing and emerging policy, whilst the Movers Stream focuses on standards, methods and procedures to improve operational effectiveness.
Leading Speakers Include:
• Donn Ward, Director and CEO, Constructing Excellence, BRE
• Dr Ilka May, CEO, LocLab Consulting GmbH
• Anne Kemp, Director, Atkin
Why is BIM important?
- 30% of construction costs are wasted in unproductive activities
- 70% anticipated growth of UK spend on BIM in 2018
- £220m invested by UK Government on BIM development and £650m in delivery
- £840m estimated cost saving on capital projects in 2013/144 achieved by BIM
The Flood Resilience Summit
Taking place at BRE on the 8th February, The Flood Resilience Summit brings together architects, housebuilders, engineers, facilities managers, local authorities, property developers and consultants to learn about the wider aspects of flood risk management and to understand the latest developments and implications of the Flood Resilience action plan, commissioned by Defra.
Attendees will witness a live flood demonstration at The BRE’s Flood Resilient Repair House along with a guided tour of the BRE Innovation Park.
Leading Speakers include:
• Graham Brogden, Head of Technical Claims, Aviva
• Rebecca Taylor, Partner and Architect, ITP
• Mary Dhonau, Chair of the Flood Protection Group Property Care Association
Why is flood resilience important?
• 17,000 properties were flooded in the UK in 2016
• £1.3bn of damage caused by flooding last year
• £2.5bn pledged government spend on flood defence schemes to protect 300,000 homes by 2021