08–10 OCTOBER 2019 | NEC | BIRMINGHAM Jobs
Structural Engineer | Exeter
Main Purpose of the Job
Pell Frischmann has the need for a motivated and talented Associate Structural Engineer to join their Water and Environment Business Unit in Exeter. The role will involve leading the structural team and taking overall responsibility for the delivery and technical goodness of all outputs. The diverse base of clients and projects will offer a range of interesting and technical challenges, primarily in reinforced concrete and structural steelwork.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- Day-to-day leadership/management of the structural design team.
- Ensuring professional development of the structural design team.
- Checking and reviewing of technical designs prepared by the team to ensure compliance with the clients brief, effective consideration of H&S and overall technical goodness.
- Undertake design activities in accordance with relevant standards, Codes of Practice (including British Standards and Eurocodes), H&S Legislation and current design methods.
- Conduct analysis and design of civil and building structures in concrete, structural steelwork, masonry and timber.
- Act in the capacity of Lead Structural Engineer on both single and multi-disciplinary projects.
- Act in the capacity of Project Manager on single discipline projects.
- Support other Project Managers with fee estimating and scope definition activities.
- Manage structural design packages ensuring delivery in accordance with the contracted scope of works, budget and programme, including the ability to delegate to and manage the structural team.
- Be an excellent team player with excellent communication skills.
- Be self-motivated and driven to achieve high standards of work within the required timescale.
- Effectively manage project stakeholders (clients, other design disciplines etc).
- Assist the Water & Environment Business Unit Director with work winning and business development.
Qualifications, experience & skills needed