What's On at Timber Expo
Timber Focus Theatre
Beer Festival Sponsored by NBS
Sustainability is a major push for the event with all exhibitors being encouraged to sign up to a ‘net zero’ agreement to boost awareness of the UK’s carbon-cutting goals and encouraged to follow tips to boost their own sustainability. The printed show guide was switched for an environmentally friendly app, and to help reduce single-use plastic, free water fountains were installed around the show and free reusable bottles given out.
This is how we work to be more sustainable:
- Working to ensure our features are reusable
- Reducing single use plastic within catering points in the show
- Collecting our lanyards and badges back at the end of the event to be reused
- Encouraging the use of public transport and car sharing to reduce our carbon footprint
- Launching the UKCW App saving 5 million sheets of paper
- Supplying water fountains around the show to encourage the use of reusable water bottles
- Supporting diversity and equality in the industry through our speaker programme.