Offsite Construction will be a major theme to this year’s UK Construction Week. The industry has embraced the latest technologies that have enabled us to build quicker, more efficiently and at a quality not achievable before.
UK Construction Week will contain hundreds of offsite innovations to see, with more exhibitors in this arena than any other event, as well as a dedicated Offsite theatre and awards. Exhibit with us this October as we discuss how Offsite Construction will become the indispensable way we build.
Offsite Construction supported by Modular and Portable Building Association (MPBA) and Structural Timber Association (STA)
The MPBA and STA have been working closely with UK Construction Week 2017 to establish a major presence to promote Offsite Construction. Jackie Maginnis, CEO of MPBA commented: “The Build Show 2017 represents a massive opportunity for the MPBA to educate the wider industry in the significant advantages of volumetric modular construction”.
They would educate and inform the wide variety of construction professionals who will be visiting the show in the key design and build considerations, ongoing and future challenges and the quality of products and components that all contribute to the success of our industry.
Speakers and topics include:
What is Volumetric Construction?
• Andy King (MD, Wernick Buildings)
• Speaker from Tremco-Illbruck
Volumetric in Healthcare
• Phil Smith (Senior Estates Advisor, NHS)
• Bob Mears (MPBA Marketing Committee)
• Michael Hunter (Hemsec SIPS)
Volumetric in Education
• Steve Newell (Director, Portakabin)
• Speaker from McAvoy
• Speaker from BPD
Volumetric in Residential
• Tom Bloxham (Chairman of Urban Splash)
• Rory Bergin (Partner, Sustainable Futures)
• Speaker from Knauf Insulation
Training and Skills Shortages
• Jackie Maginnis (CEO MPBA)
• Richard Hipkiss (MD, Digital Energy)