The Low Carbon Vehicle Partnership (LowCVP) has announced the shortlist for the first two categories of the 2017 edition of the prestigious Low Carbon Champions Awards. The Champions Awards celebrate innovation and best practice in the UK’s accelerating drive to cut carbon emissions from the road transport sector. Table bookings for the celebration gala dinner – which will take place alongside Energy 2017 at the NEC on 11 October – are now being taken.
Short-listed entrants to the Low Carbon Car/Van Manufacturer of the Year (sponsor: Michelin) are:
• Groupe Renault UK, following its introduction of the new Renault Kangoo Z.E.33 and Renault ZOE Z.E.40 with enhanced range
• London Taxi Company, for making the world’s first purpose-built, mass-market electric taxi
• Toyota (GB) PLC, for being a global leader in hybrid sales and technology
And in the Low Carbon Heavy Duty Vehicle Manufacturer of the Year are:
• BYD UK, for the introduction of over 50 electric buses to London and other cities
• IVECO Ltd, for offering an extensive range of alternatively fueled commercial vehicles
• Volvo Group UK, for developing of the pioneering range of hybrid, electric hybrid and full electric vehicles
The Awards are in their seventh year and will, for the first time, be hosted alongside Energy 2017, the largest UK event of its kind. The Awards will be presented at a gala dinner at the Concourse Suites 1 & 2, NEC, Birmingham on the evening of Wednesday October 11.
Commenting on this year’s Awards shortlist, the LowCVP Managing Director Andy Eastlake said: “It’s been another exciting year, with further progress on the electrification agenda and enhanced commitments from Government to the low carbon transport sector. I commend all those organisations that have made this year’s shortlist and look forward to a great night on 11 October, when we’ll announce the winners.”