The final shortlist has been announced for the prestigious Low CVP Low Carbon Champions Awards and with this final announcement comes an extended deadline to book your early bird tickets and table bookings for the event.
Early bird offers*
Tickets - £120
Table of 10 - £1,100
*Valid until 13th September
Click here to book your table or tickets.
2017 Award for Low Carbon Innovation by an SME (Sponsor: APC UK) are:
· Aquafuel Research Ltd, for its innovative glycerine combustion technology which eliminates air quality pollutants and dramatically cuts carbon emissions.
· Controlled Power Technologies Ltd, for the ADEPT system, working with Ford, Ricardo & others to achieve ‘intelligent electrification’ with fuel consumption and CO2 reductions.
· Dearman, for developing an engine driven by the expansion of liquid nitrogen or liquid air, to produce clean cold and power. The engine emits only air or nitrogen.
· Tevva Motors Ltd, for developing a glycerine-fuelled, EV range-extended truck that offers a zero emission, range-sustaining capability for e-trucks of any weight.
· Vantage Power Ltd, for developing and marketing a hybrid powertrain technology for new buses and as a retrofit solution, significantly improving fuel consumption while reducing NOx.
Low Carbon Road Transport Initiative of the Year are:
· Cross River Partnership, for testing 80 fully electric freight vehicles across 8 European cities under the FREVUE project.
· Go-Ahead London, for converting the Waterloo bus garage to enable the charging of buses for the 507 and 521 bus routes, overcoming capacity and major logistical challenges.
· Transport for London, for the adoption of cleaner bus technology as a lever to quickly improve air quality while also cutting GHG emissions.
2017 Outstanding Low Carbon Publication or Report:
· Ricardo, E4tech, for the Advanced Propulsion Centre's UK Capability Study which identified 21 strategic opportunities for the UK auto sector.
· Element Energy and Transport for West Midlands, for the West Midlands Low Emission Bus Delivery Plan showing how to cut NOx & CO2 emissions through the uptake of clean buses.
· Energy Saving Trust and Uber, for Electric Private Hire Vehicles in London: On the road, here and now which reports on Uber’s trial of 60 electric vehicles in London, in partnership with EST.
· GreenFleet Magazine, for establishing and growing environment-focused interest and action in what was a niche area of fleet management when the publication began in 2005.
Don't miss out on getting the early bird discount to this well-celebrated event.