UK Construction Week has announced that the LowCVP Low Carbon Champions Awards will this year be hosted at Energy 2017.
The winners will be announced during a special presentation on the evening of Wednesday 11th October at a gala dinner alongside Energy 2017 at the Concourse Suites 1 & 2, NEC, Birmingham.
The LowCVP Low Carbon Champions Awards recognise organisations that have made a real difference in the area of low carbon road transport. There are seven award categories altogether, ranging from cars to innovation, from fuels to publications.
The awards are expected to attract examples of outstanding and innovative practice in accelerating the shift to lower carbon vehicles and fuels and reducing road transport emissions.
The Award categories are:
• Low Carbon Car/Van Manufacturer of the Year
• Low Carbon Heavy Duty Vehicle Manufacturer of the Year
• Low Carbon Vehicle Operator of the Year
• Low Carbon Fuel Initiative of the Year
• Award for Low Carbon Innovation by an SME
• Low Carbon Road Transport Initiative of the Year
• Outstanding Low Carbon Publication or Report
Special awards include:
• Outstanding Individual in Promoting Lower Carbon Transport
• Grand Prix Award (“winner-of-winners”): Outstanding Achievement in Low Carbon Transport 2016–17
A new streamlined nominations process means organisations and individuals will submit a brief ‘expression of interest’ which will be assessed by the LowCVP and then – providing the proposal is deemed suitable – be invited to complete the full nomination form and advised the most suitable entry category.
There is no cost to enter the awards and winners will receive a complimentary invitation to the celebration event at Energy 2017.
LowCVP will also be hosting a half day conference based around low carbon vehicles earlier in the day.
Further details about the awards and the entry process can be found at here.